Blog Archive

Monday, August 3, 2026

The Gift of Sunrises

 


As I step into my childhood home, one thing always catches my eye - the old Bible that sits quietly on the shelf or the table. It's the Bible he studied from, the one filled with his notes, underlined passages, and quiet reflections of a man who loved God deeply. Seeing that familiar book takes me back to moments I wish I could relive. 

I remember mornings we would see him reading at 3:00 am. That was his special time, his quiet time alone with God. He loved to watch the sunrise, often saying "nothing more beautiful than seeing the world wake up." I can still hear him saying "Nothing prettier than that."

It is truly remarkable to think that God chose to take him at that very hour - 3:00 am. He was blessed to witness one of the most magnificent sunrises that morning. I find comfort in knowing that he was in the midst of his most favorite moment with the Lord when he was called home. 

Dwelling on memories of our loved ones that brings us smiles and comfort is a gift - reminder of love, faith and a legacy left behind. But we are left here now moving forward, we strive to do what God would want us to do - live with purpose, love unconditionally and serve faithfully until the day He calls us home too.

Until then, we continue to walk this journey, carrying memories of those we loved. And whenever I see a sunrise, I am reminded of our dad meeting the Lord at his favorite time of day. I can't help but think as he gazed upon Jesus that morning, he might have said, "Nothing prettier than this."


No comments:

Post a Comment